Our client in the hospitality industry is currently looking for an Assistant IT Manager responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel/resort.
- Responds courteously and efficiently to queries and problems from guests and system users.
- Ensures cleanliness of all data equipment and computer rooms
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, Servers, Workstations, Networking equipment, PABX, email accounts, and support for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure.
- Responsible for smooth functioning and coordination of vendors for Guest Internet, Property Management Systems – PMS, Point of Sale – POS, IPTV, EPR, Telephony systems, and other software vendors in the IT Manager’s absence.
- He/she will be responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property and will Provide user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware, and software support.
- He/she will maintain an inventory of all hardware products and software licenses and review maintenance agreements.
- Root Cause Analysis on problems.
- Prepare & Implement Preventive Maintenance Schedule for all IT hardware & Software.
- Support the IT Manager in the project scope launch, technical strategy, cost, budget, and staff support requirements with new IT initiatives.
- Support the IT Manager to prepare Policy & Procedures for the IT Department and the user department.
- Managing Disaster Recovery Process and ensuring regular daily backup is taken.
- Anti-virus setup and day-to-day support
- Plan, assign tasks, and take the report from the IT team, in the IT Manager’s absence.
- Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment.
- Ensure that policies and procedures relating to PCI compliance are updated.
- Maintains a system error/progress logbook and deals with reported problems.
- Monitors and maintains a proper inventory of hardware and software licenses.
- Is aware of IT Security Policies and ensures implementation through regular staff training.
- Keep updated with the latest hotel technology and security risks regularly.
- Able to perform other IT or Systems-related tasks assigned by the management.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology field. Along with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, and Microsoft, or Cisco certification.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in IT support roles in Hospitality operations.
- Experience with Hospitality-related applications and/or systems (PMS, POS, Key card, PBX, Voice mail).
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Fluent in English
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Must be mature, pleasant, courteous, cooperative, and an enthusiastic team player who displays good human relations skills.
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Familiar with the Network fundamentals, general network setup, and device configuration
- Good knowledge of server hardware, Disk storage technology, I/O devices
- Skilled in the usage of system-level profiling tools and network monitoring systems to aid in application performance profiling.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications
- Background in highly available systems and image capture/management systems
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Management, and Implementations
- Competitive salary
- Private Life & Health insurance
- Employee Rates in the group’s hotels
- Coffee & Lunch in the hotel restaurant
- Ticket restaurant
If you are an IT professional with a passion for delivering exceptional support and ensuring the smooth operation of hospitality systems, we welcome you to apply for the role of Assistant IT Manager at our client’s esteemed hotel in Athens. Join the team and contribute to providing seamless experiences for our guests while enjoying a range of benefits including employee rates in the group’s hotels, and more. Take the next step in your career and be a part of a dynamic team dedicated to excellence in hospitality and technology.