Our client, a 5-star luxury resort hotel in Santorini, is currently looking for a Chief Engineer to direct the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel to ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and employees and to ensure compliance with all Brand governmental regulatory requirements. Chief Engineer should accomplish top Maintenance/Engineering job in a large full-service, luxury hotel with multiple sites and facilities, convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests. The Chief Engineer supervises a staff of maintenance/engineering tradespersons and contractors and more specifically, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Plumbers. The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled and experienced engineer with a passion for maintaining and improving the physical infrastructure of the hotel.
- Prepares the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management and capital planning.
- Assumes responsibility for fire life safety in coordination with the Chief engineer.
- Leads hotel renovations and other projects and ensures timely completion of projects within budget.
- Directs day-to-day engineering requirements, plans and assigns work, and establishes performance and development goals.
- Oversees all Emergency and Crisis processes and procedures and he/she is responsible for updates.
- He / She is the hotel’s Health & Safety Engineer
- Oversees the physical operations of the hotel including maintenance, repair, and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
- Implement energy-efficient practices and technologies to reduce utility costs and minimize the hotel’s environmental footprint.
- Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Communicates with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of skilled technicians and maintenance staff.
- Set performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide coaching and feedback.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, safety, and excellence among the engineering staff.
- Trains all team members in compliance with governmental and safety regulations.
- Responds in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Preferably in Electrical Engineering)
- 3-5 years of similar experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Strong technical knowledge in building systems and maintenance
- Professional certifications and licenses will be an asset
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- High customer-centric orientation
- Flexibility and decisiveness
- Being a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent English (oral and written)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus.
- Private Life & Health insurance
- Accommodation, for the employee and his/her family
- Employee Rates in the group’s Hotels
- Lunch in the hotel restaurant
- Continuous learning and upskilling opportunities
- Accommodation will be offered to the selected candidate.
If you are a seasoned engineer with a passion for maintaining world-class facilities and providing exceptional guest experiences, we invite you to apply for the position of Chief Engineer at an esteemed hotel in Santorini. Join the team and contribute to creating unforgettable memories for the guests while enjoying the stunning beauty of the island.